The 3DLevelScanner can now deliver a more accurate level and volume measurement solution based on multiple measurement points.
The acoustic low frequency waves generated by the scanner, are transmitted toward the material surface and reflected back from multiple points to the three antennas. As opposed to high frequency, the low frequency waves penetrate the dust particles, enabling a strong signal to be received by the antenna array. The three antennas concept enables triangulation of each reflected point from the material surface.
Irregularity of surface in bulk solids presents the greatest challenge in accurate level and or volume measurement. Measuring any reflected point with three antennas enables triangulation which delivers the x y z value of the reflected points.
Using the x y z to map the material surface, the scanner can accurately measure the volume of the material. Employing three different frequencies enables the scanner to optimize surface coverage.
The scanner’s ability to generate a strong signal facilitates the process, where a strong signal is critical for echo analysis. APM’s unique signal generation formula generates a long, high energy, low frequency signal that bypasses the dust and is clearly received by the scanner’s antennas.
Measurement of large silos demands multiple scanners – see Multi Scanner System solution.
For continuous and uninterrupted operation, the system includes a unique self-cleaning mechanism employing sound wave energy. APM works across the full spectrum of bulk solid storage.
The 3DLevelScanner enables APM to provide accurate volume measurement solutions across all sorts of industries.
APM’s technology enables accurate measurement in silos and warehouses of all shapes and sizes. The ability to produce accurate and reliable measurement data delivers added value and tangible benefits to your business. Accurate and automated measurements keeps personnel off silo roofs, thereby increasing safety.
The cost of carrying inventory is reduced since you no longer need to keep as much safety stock.
With material visualization you will know if you have a buildup of material on the silo walls and the sensor has a self-cleaning mechanism. Both features reducing the cost of maintenance.
|Multiple point measurement||yes||yes||yes|
|Measurement||Level||Volume||Volume + visualization|
|3D Surface Profile||No||No||Yes|
|Output||Average Level/Distance||+ Volume Min/Max Level/Distance||+ 3D image|
|Application Diameter||Up to 5m||Between 5m to 10m||Up to 10m|
|Mass conversion using Linearization table||yes||yes||yes|
|Upgrade||yes||yes||Yes (to multi scanner system)|
|Non-contact continuous level measurement||yes||yes||yes|
|Unaffected by dust generation||yes||yes||yes|
|Works with practically all solid materials (Density >0.25 g/cc) including those with low dielectric constants||yes||yes||yes|
|Long measuring range (up to 70m)||yes||yes||yes|
|True level measurement||yes||yes||yes|
|Suitable for open bins, warehouses and bunkers||yes||yes||yes|
Why APM 3DLevelScanner
- Operational Efficiency – Volume and Level Measurement
- Knowledge is Power: Optimized Inventory Control
- Accurate measurements for production tracking
- Integration to ERP and other control systems
- Traditional level measurement devices only measure the distance between the device and one single point on the surface (refer to figure below).
- 3DLevelScanner measure multiple points along the
surface of the material stored, in practically any kind of container.
- 3DLevelScanner calculate accurately the volume of the stored materials.
- APM System provides 3D representation of the material inside the silo.
Improved accuracy – saves money
- Decision makers are able to use APM measurements and to integrate them into their MRP (Material Requirement Planning) systems
How improved accuracy saves money
- Decreases extra safety stocks
- Lowers costs by ordering materials only when they are needed
- Eliminates production halts caused by lack of materials during process
- Avoids overflow and its consequences: materials loss, environmental damage
- Reduces required storage (volume) capacity
- Accurate and continuous volume (= inventory) measurement
- Volume measurement of all kinds of solids even in harsh, dusty environments
- Alerts of unexpected emptying of the silo (safety, etc.)
- Patented self-cleaning operation making APM scanners practically maintenance-free
we can help you!
get your solution now
for more info contact us
Taking the guesswork out of bulk solids measurements